Warming Your Tube Amp Up is Bad WIRED GUITARIST
Do not shut the amp off with the power switch or the standby switch. Just unplug the amp from the wall and keep strumming your guitar until the sound dies away. Once the sound dies down, the voltage in the filter caps will be below a level that can hurt you.... A refresher and reminder to use that standby switch. When a tube amp is switched on it should be run in standby for at least 30 seconds, preferably a minute (the longer the better) before applying the DC rail voltage to the power amp tubes.
Tube Amp Schematics Tube Amp Information Tube Amp Projects
The addition of standby switches on tube amps is accredited to Leo Fender. Itís not for protecting tubes . Leo Fender did not use the standby switch to protect the tubes, because it actually is not good to have the tubes on a very long time in standby, which is a fact from the RCA tube manuals. There are so many people who get this part wrong. Beware advice given by some internet guru who... 7/09/2016†∑ Here's a quick rundown on the proper way to use a standby switch on a tube guitar amp. Comments below are more than welcome. The amp used in this video was the very first prototype of the Auburn
Turning off amp without standy switch Home Recording forums
13/08/2011†∑ Switch the mains switch on and leave for at least two minutes, or until you are ready to use the amplifier, switch on the standby switch. If you are leaving the amplifier or combo for a short while switch make sure you switch off the standby switch, but never leave the amplifier unattended when switched on. When switching the amplifier or combo off switch the standby and then the mains how to turn off auto rotate in iphone 7 plus Do not shut the amp off with the power switch or the standby switch. Just unplug the amp from the wall and keep strumming your guitar until the sound dies away. Once the sound dies down, the voltage in the filter caps will be below a level that can hurt you.
Now That's a Turn-Off The Lost Art of the Standby Switch
6/01/2016†∑ Is it a good idea to use the standby switch on newer Chinese-made AC15s? I have one with a greenback speaker and the metal power switches, not the plastic rocker ones that the Chinese AC15s originally came with. tampons pads how to use 7/02/2008†∑ Tube amps without standby switches Discussion in 'Amps There's a lot of information on the `net and in manufacturers' literature about how to use the standby switch on your tube amp. Not surprisingly, there are a lot of different procedures. In the words of at least one frustrated player, "there's not a lot of concensus among the experts." Most of the experts cite the "cathode stripping
How long can it take?
Tube Amp Switches Toggle Foot Impedance
- The Great Standby Switch Myth Sweetwater
- Adding standby switch? The Gear Page
- Guitar Amp Care Use of the Standby Switch Sweetwater
- The Tube Amp Standby Switch Explained ProAudioLand
How To Use Standby Switch On Tube Amp
Only use the Standby switch when you are still around the amp. When you first turn the amp on, turn on the on-off switch, but leave it on standby for about 2 minutes. This allows the filaments to heat up and be working right before you start playing.
- The reason you can still get shocked with the amp unplugged is based on the use of a capacitor in most tube amps. It's basically a high voltage battery, and accidentally arcing across the right set of pins will result in a good jolt.
- 24/04/2012†∑ The amp standby switch on my vox ac15. Some say use it others say don't use it. ( Has it anything to do with the tube rectifier) I am not sure what to do now.
- 23/11/2009†∑ The best use for a standby switch is to keep your amp from making noise while you're on break between sets. Otherwise it really doesn't matter how - or whether - you use an amp's standby switch. Otherwise it really doesn't matter how - or whether - you use an amp's standby switch.
- 2/12/2013†∑ With STANDBY switch ON, power on the amp, wait 1 minute then switch standby OFF to play. Use STANDBY for between long intervals of not playing too if you can. When turning OFF my amp I usualy switch to STANDBY for 10 seconds before powering off completely.